Road To Emmaus

Road To Emmaus
Our Hearts Burn Within Us

Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Question Answered.....

As there was some question about when to sit after Communion, I spoke with Father Henry, and he said that we should sit once the Tabernacle is closed. Although, I did find many references online that say that one may kneel OR sit upon returning from Communion, and in many places the communal posture is to stand. If the custom is to kneel, as it is in our diocese, then that is what we should do. It is supposed to be a time when we are all together.
Also, in reading on the subject online, I learned that we should be singing and that we should be part of Communion until the last person has received, then we may begin individual prayer.

If anyone reads or hears anything relevant to this question, please let me know and I will add it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment